Monday, May 26, 2014

#TheCool: The Revolution Will No Longer Be Televised

#TheCool! Where we always do memorials for every week that passes!

Seriously though, thank you to all those who've earned the right to be celebrated this day. They do what they do so I can do what I do better than any other entity! Thank You!

Anyway, ready to do what we do every week. With PT in full effect right now and speaking of memorials...


A moment of silence for the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Officially done. Enjoy some of what are the last official online matches on the service for the better VS game of last generation, Tatsunoko vs Capcom! People are working a solution to the issue the shutdown brings at the moment so if things change then I'll let you know,

On top of that, new #GamingBucketList featuring the NES Classic, Kung Fu! Learn about it! Play about it after!

As usual though, #DoaGHThaDOJO is always as usual providing that crack and nothing's changed and it won't! On deck right now...










Guilty Gear Xrd, Daemon Bride Additional Gain, Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, Persona 4 The Ultimax: Ultra Suplex Hold, Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code V1.07, Chaos Code, Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade, Fighting Layer & Street Fighter EX2 Plus!


Always striving to bring you everything you need is that we've added a new game to the rotation...TECH ROMANCER!! One of my favorite Dreamcast games and when there's some matches we'll deliver them. Please enjoy! #TeamDiana17

With that out of the way, time for This Week In Gaming!


Drakengard 3's out everywhere now. Haven't got around to it myself but you should though.


The Kamen Rider Girls play Battride War 2. I'm just hoping that I don't need to buy another $40 CD/DVD combo set from eBay to get a code for a piece of limited DLC. This is BandaiNamco so I will have to. Again.


Persona 4 Ultimax with another character feature starring Sho Minazuki sans Persona. And in other news, Ken Amada & Koromaru have joined the cast as well. We already knew but now its official.


New costumes for DoA5U with the second set of "Gym" costumes seeing as Momiji & Rachel got their cheerleader outfits and Marie Rose got a costume that's just her Gym outfit with a jacket on. Available now.



Last installment featured some of the changes for Ultra and this week features more characters. El Fuerte, E. Honda, Dee Jay, Gen, Adon, Sakura, Guile, Rose, Seth, Juri & Sagat. If you want to read the complete change list then CLICK HERE!

What did I get into this week? I played Kung Fu. You know this. I also played Little Nemo: The Dream Master. That's one game I really want to do a GBL on but I'd need to beat it first and that's not easy at all. I played some other stuff but since those are part of #RunDatReXXX plans then we can't talk about those. I will say that this year's anniversary game has been chosen and it isn't the no duh answer but if you do some research then it may just be a no duh answer.

Postmortem season still in full effect still with the "series finale" of Revolution. I didn't know the show was even canceled until J told me last week. So knowing that coming in to the episode is that I viewed it differently. The show overall did a great job of telling its story the best it could and that I enjoyed. The characters were memorable and they'll be missed. A shame the story won't continue to be told but I wouldn't be surprised to see SyFy pick the show up seeing as NBC owns them But we shall see.


It feels good to be talking about my first marathon of the "summer" as it were. Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist. After how good Street Fighter: Legacy was I had high hopes. I just planned to watch and episode or 2 and it turned into the whole season. As someone who appreciates the lore of Street Fighter is that it treated it with some respect and not too many of other works in the universe can stake that claim. You should watch it. That's that.

The "summer's" here so not a lot to watch otherwise. Gaim & ToQger doing work. Emphasis on Gaim doing work. But when has Gaim not put in work? Exactly! The Boondocks are doing their best. Naruto & Bleach on the manga front doing work as well. I need to get back into those other mangas I reading a while back, mainly Freezing. It was starting the next arc when I dropped it so it might be high time to go back to it.

And shouts to The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy & American Dad for holding down Animation Domination this year. Really don't talk about those 4 shows much but I enjoy them all and just wanted to let you know that.

As we always do at this time, What I Watched On The Internet This Week!


Yet again, more proof if companies don't then fans will. MegaMan Legends 3: The Fan Version. You can check out more information HERE! It is in Japanese and when the English version of the trailer drops I'll feature it here in this section.


Kill la Kill! 4Kids. What could go wrong? Note, this ain't real and thank Jehovah it ain't! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!


Wouldn't be this section without some alternate take of how MLP Season 4 ended. This time, a bit more accurate and a lot more DBZ.


Some outtakes from Turnabout Storm. Real funny stuff. Really, really funny stuff. Still hoping they do a sequel.



More Krispin Wah no Densetsu! Always a wonderful thing! Something about porch monkeys?

That's that.

Some required reading for next time. Fighting Layer, Return of the Dragon by BigMex AKA Noe V. An awesome read into the history and impact of Arika's Magnum Opus. You can read how much of SF2's actual vision is represented in Fighting Layer. It is a game that is a must play just to see what Arika could do with no limits. Shouts to my MainMan™ Behemothbear on Dem Twittars for sharing the article with me. We share a love for an awesome game and that gives me some hope that you human meat bags might have some redeeming qualities!


Hopefully a Season 3 of Revolution comes. They were heading in an interesting direction with the show and I'd love to see it play out. Shouts to Fastlane, Young Justice & Beware the Batman!

As usual, we love when you stop by. We'll be doing this again next week and you're free to come back and do this again with us!

Same #TheCool Time! Same #TheCool Channel!

-Triple Da G.O.D!

No comments:

Post a Comment