Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Cool: Murdering Backlogs One Game At A Time

Sunday. The Cool. Your week. My take on it. Let's begin.

Hopping straight into pimping is that last night I popped a blog double feature with my celebration of beating Asura's Wrath with a review you can read by clicking HERE! And my current feelings about the state of the FGC and in my opinion how the community can move forward and you can read that by clicking HERE! It really felt good to get that off my chest because I've been holding that in for a long time and I did out of respect and that same respect was why I needed to share my feelings on the matter. And with peace made I'll continue doing what I do and whatever shall be shall be.


Continuing in the spirit of pimping I played more Battride War because the streets demand I do so. So for the masses I do provide and there will be more to come on a consistent basis.


You can't have The Cool without a new episode of the #StreetsofRageTrilogyProject. J & I turn it up a couple of notches and take it a bit more seriously. Doesn't mean there isn't fun to be had. That is something we always provide. And something about THE BEATRICE SLAYER!!

With that being said time for the gaming portion of this installment. Starting...now.


The best place to start this week is the announcement of the restructuring of CAVE. If you aren't familiar with them is they are responsible for some the best SHMUPS ever created and I'm a huge closet fan of the genre but I suck horribly at them and really only good at credit feeding to the end. I know if I played them more I'd be better but I'm getting off topic here though. The reason why this is important news is because if this could happen to CAVE then it could happen to other smaller development houses as well. SHMUPS are a niche genre and CAVE has spent this generation filling that hole the best they could along with G.Rev & others. I would hate to see a wonderful group like them to not be able to continue filling that niche. How this ultimately ends up is unknown but I do hope the best for them in the future. I will do my part by catching up on my CAVE releases and buying a JP 360 because I'm due for one and region locking is and will always be stupid!


Keeping things niche, I'm proud to take some time and speak about Super Heroine Chronicle. Super Heroine Chronicle is a spinoff of the Super Robot Wars series in which I'm also a closet fan of and  some of those games clutter my backlog as well. It is an interesting take on the genre and I'll be keeping an eye on it and letting you more as I find it out. And here is the known roster at the moment. Seiyuu's for the character in parentheses.

Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel : Blue and Red Angel (Noto Mamiko) & (Tamura Yukari)
kyosou Giga : Koto(Kugimiya Rie)
Di GI Charat: Di GI Charat/Dejiko (Sanada Asami)
Symphogear: Tachibana Kyou (Aoi Yuuki)
Super Sonico : Sonico
Higurasi no Naku Koroni: Ryuugu Rena (Nakahara Mai)
Hidan no Aria : Kanzaki Holmes Aria (Kugimiya Rie)
Infinite Stratos : Shinonome Houki (Hikasa Youko)
Zero no Tsukaima F : Louise Francoise de la Valiere (Kugimiya Rie)
Dream Hunter Rem : Ayanokouji Rem (Naoko Matsui)

Original Characters:
Claude (Shimono Hiro) by Shinichirou Ootsuka
Noel Kazamatsuri (Satou Rina) by Satoshi Urushihara
Meru Ranshieru (Kanemoto Hisako) by Tooru Minazuki


Still keeping it niche with the newest trailer for Dragon's Crown. A lot to be seen and it needs to be seen by you because it has already been by me.



In the reverse of something I'll never see is that we have our first look at some Killer is Dead gameplay. The 1st vid is a look at an early boss battle and the 2nd is Mondo on his pimping stroll. Please enjoy those because I'm in blackout and I won't be able to.


Something I can enjoy taking a look at is the newest JP trailer for Ace Attorney 5. There are spoilers or so I've been told so be careful watching.


On the subject of returning franchises we get our 1st taste of Sonic: Lost World. If Sonic Colors was the Mario Galaxy of the series then I have no clue where Lost World sits. I've heard people say that it reminds them of a long canceled gamed Sonic X-Treme. Other than that not much else to go on at the moment. Should be interesting to see where this heads.


I guess the secret big news I'm excited to report is that both Tales of Sympohnia games are getting a HD uplift with the announcement of Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (called the Unisoant Pack in Japan)! ToS on the GC was a game that was always on my list to get around and play and never did. And when I wanted to I discovered that the PS2 version was better and never got around to importing that. This collection will be using the PS2 version of Symphonia and there will be additional content added for both games. Where this falls in the DLC scheme of things is unknown but we'll hope for the best.

With all the gaming news I wish to report, now time to handle the rest of what happened during your week. And even though I was able to beat Asura's Wrath, I was able to fit in a marathon too. Of what you may ask...


I as most folks who was saddened by the cancellation of Arrested Development was so hype and ready for the return of one of the most craziest families ever to grace a screen. I'm happy to say that I enjoyed myself and laughed just as hard. Unlike most I did enjoy the premise of an intersecting storyline while giving fans something they're used to which forced you to pick up your AD habit of watching carefully to spot everything and because this is Arrested Development I'll be watching it again to see if I can spot more stuff. So if you're a fan of the show then you've already watched Season 4 and if you've never heard of the show or have been on the fence on watching it now's a great time to pick it up from the beginning because it is one of my favorite shows of all time and I'm so glad it got a 2nd chance. I really hope this isn't the last we see of The Bluth family and all that goes with such.

All of my other usual suspects did work as they always and they'll be joined next week when the final season of Burn Notice hits on Thursday.

And with that your week has been returned to you in the only way I know how...mine.

Before we leave though a random piling of stuff.


This happened. You can find things like it HERE! Pinkamena Diane Pie...BEST PONY!!! PLEASE HOLD DAT SHIT!!!


So did this. My responsibility will always be to serve the crack up! More always located on #DoaGHThaDOJO! Best game in the series by a country mile!


I think this happened last year. But I found it during the week so new to me. Hardcore!


I forgot to drop this on the last installment of The Cool. I have to say after all these years those involved still got it. However, I heard that this won't be a Big Willie Weekend.

The Cool. Done. Until next time there's a week you were part of that I summarize it from my point of view!

-Triple Da G.O.D


No comments:

Post a Comment