Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Cool: Dat Dub One Oh One

#TheCool back up in it on this Sunday and we got some ground to cover and with no lead story and my soapbox from the last installment still ringing forever true with no reason to mention it again let's get to business.

For the 2nd week in a row no SMB2. The adage of doing it right or not doing it at all is totally in play here. I wanted to but it wouldn't have been my best or my all so when I do then you'll know that it is.

The philanthropic endeavors of #DoaGHThaDOJO however never comes to a halt because there's always some cool fighting games to share with the masses.



We here at #DoaGHThaDOJO are proud members of the LOLI AWARENESS movement and all that it stands for.



Chaos Code has always been a project near and dear to us here. We've been a proud supporter of getting this game in more faces since 2009. Since then, brave souls have stepped forward to do the same and we here say thank you for your dedication.



The Rumble Fish is a special game that we even after all these years stand behind and continue to support with everything we have. Time for Dimps to get this to a home console somehow. That wait has been to long.



Chaos Breaker is a game that has recently come under our umbrella and has been a game enjoyed here for quite a while. Always great to see new matches and please if you haven't pick up Dark Awake on JP PSN if you haven't. $10 gets you a great quality fighter and not a lot of games in any genre can say that.



Sengoku Basara X continues to be a fighter to look at for those seeking that something special. Always a great watch and a favorite of ours here.



Daemon Bride: Additional Gain is another game we here have been supporting for a long time now and worthy of such support. The day will come where you're not technically breaking the law to play the older version of this one.



Under Night In-Birth is a game we've seen come from humble beginnings to become something great and EXE:Late will continue that greatness whenever it shall appear.



And to round out what's available to you is En Eins Perfektwelt. A great game that may never see a way out of the arcades but one can hope. There's always Akatsuki Blitzkampf to slightly feed that need if this game tickles your fancy.

I do have to say that I'm proud of the work & service that #DoaGHThaDOJO provides. It is truly a vestige of the true heart of what fighting games were, are and still are even right now. It truly is my thank you to the FGC for what it has provided me and to take seriously my responsibility to the members of it.

With that being said time to get to the week that was in gaming and some things happened that I'm pretty hyped to share today so let me share.





If this week in gaming confirmed anything for me is that Hideki Kamiya is nothing short of genius and The Wonderful 101 proves this yet again. This was a game that I was hyped for because of my respect of his contributions to gaming as a whole. And now more than ever is now a game that truly on its own merits has truly won me over. I'm so ready for this game but not yet a WiiU. I'll be waiting a while for that one for reasons. Secretly hoping that a special edition WiiU for Bayonetta 2 drops and also just not in the budget for a console for a single game at the moment. In history hindsight though the time before last I bought a game for system was for Viewtiful Joe for GameCube also created by one Hideki Kamiya so there's that. Anything can change from now till then and if I do I'll let you know. Also the above videos are the latest English & Japanese trailers for the game. Slight differences between the two and I'll let you hunt those down on your own. I will say that from what I've heard is that it won't effect the final game too much but there have been some dialogue changes from the Japanese to the English version that may or may not make it into the final product.



If learning more about The Wonderful 101 is your thing then taking some time and looking at this special edition of Nintendo Direct all about the game and featuring Kamiya-san as well. There is a new Ask Iwata with him and all about the game but hasn't been translated into English officially yet but if the past installments are anything then we'll get a lot of fun stuff from it.





And to close out our Wonderful 101 Hype Session of #TheCool, the Platinum Games Blog gave some time to 2 speak about 2 more members of The Wonderful 10! The Smart Mouth Sharpshooter...Wonder Green & ♥♥♥♥♥♪♪♪♪♪The Queen of Pain...WONDER PINK!♫♫♫♫♫♥♥♥♥♥ It was through these blog posts that made my fascination with Wonder Pink all of a sudden make a whole lot more sense. Pink is some alternate universe combination of Sexy Silvia & Bayonetta and just happens to be voiced by "you know who" who's also the monarch of a certain group of people who like a certain TV show that was created by someone just as awesome! I just wrote this stuff and you can't write this stuff. Unite Action is real and it's time to save the world again...Wonderfully! You can read more about Wonder Green & ♥♥♥♥♥Wonder Pink♥♥♥♥♥ by clicking the links to their respective blog posts.



Continuing in the awesome news this week provided is that Senran Kagura Burst is coming to MURICA and Europe as well later this year. The only difference is that the release in MURICA is exclusive to the Nintendo eShop and the European version will have a physical release as well. Not really surprising that this is the case but I'm just happy it's coming. I only hope this is the lead in not only for Versus but other games as well. Speaking of...



Oneechanbara Z: Kagura on PS3 is a thing and I'm hoping that some of that Burst love falls over here. This game dropped at the beginning of last year on the 360 and while being published in Japan by M$ it wasn't even localized for whatever reason after the Wii & 360 versions of the last game were. The PSP version wasn't either but that isn't much of a factor to that being a reason. The thing about this game is that it's following in the footsteps in the earlier PS2 games by adding an additional character from a D3 property. That character being NoNoNo from Dream Club Zero and she brings something special to this game and you should just watch the trailer for that. My sincere hope like I said is that somebody gets this on PSN in MURICA & Europe. I don't expect for somebody to give this a retail treatment but if they do then more power to them and my unbridled thanks for such an act. I have no clue on when this is coming out but if you're importing then you may want to get your pre-orders in ASAP. Just like the 360 version there are some special costumes that come with 1st print copies so if you want them then do that before you have to find a more expensive way to get a hold of them.



Keeping this all about the ladies for now, Injustice has made me believe in magic again (Not really though. Always been a believer and not stopping now.) with NRS announcing DLC Character #6 in The Spellbinding Beauty...Zatanna Zatara. This may just be my chance at not only taking her for a spin but Martian Manhunter too. She'll be out on Tuesday for everybody and something, something about Cyborg Superman.



Speaking of magic let us focus on some of a different kind...the Disney kind with the newest Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX trailer about KH1. Not really much here but looking at how awesome it looks in HD and such. Still hyped for it coming so I can have a reason to play the series again.



Once upon a time...Fighting Was Magic but this has nothing to do with that because I just needed a segue to talk about Killer Instinct and this mini combo vid of Glacius that also teases Thunder who nobody really wanted. Bring on Orchid & Fulgore now KTHXBYE!



You'd think I'd be hype for KoFXIII to hit Steam but I'm not. I can't play it because my computer is ass. And even if my computer wasn't ass I'd still wouldn't play it because I don't like like XIII. XIII is 2002 HD Remix and I'd rather play Unlimited Match anyway and I'm not a big fan of that either. Honestly all I wanted and still want from KoF to make the Shift System work even better but that change in what was done killed that and XII did what it did and I still enjoy it more than I do XIII which is just a great game that just happens to be a huge cop out for what should've been. Just bring me KoFXI and Regulation A OKPLZTHXBYE!



Now let us talk about a fighter I'm actually excited for. The All-Star Battle creeps forever close and man this game is a JoJo's fan dream and you know a sequel's coming so if your favorite character isn't repped they'll be back for the 2nd go around. The game will be out at the end of the month and I'm so ready.


And to close us out right here is the announcement that I'm now buying J-Stars Victory Versus! YUSUKE MUTHAFUCKIN URAMESHI or You're A Meshi if that's your preference is in now and this was all I really wanted. Maybe a #TripleDaGodExplainsItAll of 120% is in order if the streets want it and even if you don't I'll do it anyway because that's what I want. I really can't think of anybody else I really want in this roster that isn't another character from Yu Yu Hakusho. Hiei, Younger Toguro, Yoko Kurama, Kuwabara, Sensui & Genkai because she's awesome. Should be hype for later this year can't wait.

When it comes to actually playing games this week I did a bit yesterday with my little cousins which happened to be the most interesting game of Tekken 5 I've ever experienced. Because the disc is so scratched up half of the time the game doesn't register inputs or play music and when it does you can actually do something which turned the game into a weird game of Musical Chairs Tekken Edition and was pretty fun. And because we were rocking the Tekken 5 I got a chance to play the Tekken 1-3 as well with an emphasis on 2 seeing as it's just a favorite of mine for all the time I spent playing it back in the day with no memory card and seeing how quick I could unlock all the characters. Good damn times. Good damn times. There was some T4 there too and it was a reminder that King Multi-Part Throws are the reason I started to and solely play stick in fighters unless the times where a pad fares better. Thanks Tekken!

Everything else is everything else. All I took in went in this week and with a lot of these shows ready to wrap up and in some cases end I'm ready for them to bring everything to those finales. It might be time to gear up some marathons so I can get on shows I've been told and been curious about with this downtime that's about come when it comes to what I watch. Naruto on the manga front took an interesting but trope turn that if I would've paid attention I would've seen coming. Bleach is still on hiatus and those other mangas I'm supposed to be reading just didn't get read. Shame. We'll get it together over here. And Sailor Moon will be part of the Winter Anime season. What this actually means for what the show will provide is unknown but I'M HYPE!!!

Now as we get ready to part ways let me share with you how YouTube has entertained me this week.



Shouts to My Way Entertainment for still bringing that funny. This time around a dub over of a classic episode of the Batman TV called The Penguin Goes Straight G! Shit is just too hilarious! Forever Cyber Goonin It!



Just so happened to run by this classic clip yesterday cruising YouTube. The Rock. Some Cops. And a Jelly Donut. Still one of my all time favorite promos from him.



If you think back to an earlier part of this installment I made a reference to this video. See if you can find it.

You will because of the thumbnail but nothing I can do about that. Still a classic from my internet youth however.



It's pretty much a fact that I've proven which is when ponies are combined with your favorite things they usually come out better.

Exhibit A: Spike Pilgrim vs The World: The Game intro which does what you think it should do and does it very well. I still haven't got a chance to get into that Wallace DLC but when it goes on sale I have a plan to gather the crew and record some gameplay footage. A fun prospect that is for all of you wonderful folks that love what we do!



Exhibit B: Celestia singing The Banana Song. Didn't know about the song's existence before and now I can't stop singing about bananas. It happens.



And to close us out is a video that describes someone's opinion on everything wrong with Equestria Girls in 7 Minutes or Less. I really should've mentioned this earlier but I did take the time and watch the movie for myself and it was quite good. A bit tropish in spots but it served its function as an extension to FiM and did that very well. Hopefully we see more of EG in the future seeing as there's a lot that can be done with that world and those characters. For those that want a warning which I shall provide is that...THIS BE SPOILERS DAWG! Figured I mention this for reasons.

And that will bring us to the end of another installment of #TheCool. Thanks so much for spending some time with your folks and I'll see you next week when I take this week and do what I did with last week and the week before that and the week before that and so on.


And for the 2nd time Miss Wonder Pink is our Cover Girl for #TheCool! Awesomesauce! I have the suspicion this won't be the last time this happens. That hype for The Wonderful 101 is so real! See you next time! Stay Wonderful!

-Triple Da G.O.D!

No comments:

Post a Comment