Friday, April 5, 2013

The Cool...Every Month Instead Of Every Week Like It Should Be Done

I'm really only good for one of these in a 30/31 day period? Where in the hell does the time go? We may never know but I need to get back in a flow of writing stuff more often anyway and it seems that today I'm struck with the writing bug so I better go for it. So what could happen to the world I wish to indulge in a month's time? Let us find out.

When I took a look at top stories last time Lab Zero were just starting the IndieGoGo campaign for Skullgirls and just funded Squigly and were on their way to some panty dropping Big Band love and then something happened...$829,829 WAS DONATED!!!! Which meant a whole lot of stuff was coming to Skullgirls and Lab Zero would be able to make kick ass shit for a whole lot of days to come and so would the new and improved Mane6!!!! Look at how both of my top stories from the last The Cool are all in collusion and what not! At this time everyone who donated is in a middle of a "war" to choose the 1st Fan Voted DLC Character and people are out in force repping their #TEAM! I however haven't made a decision as of yet and it'll probably be last minute because I suck at making decisions and sometime multiple choice tests. Tell no one. What I did do last week was take a look at all the characters up for vote, looked at all their information and weighed in on what I thought and you can read that HERE. If you seem to be at the crossroad I currently see myself at maybe my thoughts can help you.

Top stories out of the picture let us get to the motion picture part of the madness and I guess we can kick it off with some Injustice love I suppose. During the time I wasn't so inspired to put word to paper a lot has been seen from this game including a demo which I'll speak on at another time. With the time passing the Battle Arena has made whittled down to the World's Finest.

Regardless of the no duh of the finals I got your back with all you may have missed and you'll be able to see all those matches for yourself. The other thing is that we got 3 new reveals as well of Doomsday, Raven & Black Adam. And because the 360 version is all over the internet the "whole roster" is out there but I want some surprises for the remaining reveals so I haven't taken a look at it at all. So I can't write about what I haven't seen. So enjoy the reveal vids and the Quarter & Semis for the Battle Arena and I'll catch you down below that.



Introducing Doomsday



Introducing Raven



Introducing Black Adam



Lex Luthor Character Trailer



Harley Quinn Character Trailer



Batman vs Wonder Woman



The Flash vs The Joker



Superman vs Green Arrow



Aquaman vs Green Lantern



Batman vs The Flash



Superman vs Green Lantern


Alrighty with all of our Injustice coverage out of the way let us talk about the truth. At GDC, Hideo Kojima let the FOX out of the bag with reveal of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. What we do know is that Grounded Zeroes & The Phantom Pain are one and the same so to speak with Grounded Zeroes being the prologue to The Phantom Pain. The other bit of news is that "allegedly" and I use the words in quotations because of the company kept with this project is that David Hayter will not be returning as Solid Snake. Which sparked a whole lot of talk about the subject which shouldn't be hard to find the juicy details of it all. Feel free to indulge away on that. Other than that we didn't get too much more info but trust it'll be coming soon.


Even though I'm stepping backwards and forwards in time in the coverage of all this, there are things we need to speak of and they both surprisingly come from Capcom. At PAX East Capcom dropped NORTH KOREA LEVEL NUKES which the first being that WayForward is doing doing the HD Remix of the 1st NES Ducktales game called Ducktales Remastered. And from all the info from various sources saying that this has been in the works for years which doesn't surprise me in the least. What this does is open the door for other games of the same ilk to get the treatment like the kind of related Castle of Illusion remake supposedly coming to XBLA soon. This can be nothing but good for the future and I'm real hyped to see it all.


Part 2 on this THROWBACK NUKE BOMB TOUR by Capcom is that a Dungeons & Dragons compilation of both arcade games titled Chronicles of Mystara is coming as well. This is even a bigger deal because both games have never made it to home consoles outside Japan on the Sega Saturn a long time ago. And with 4 Player Online this should be a treat. Can't wait for both of these.


Finally the confirmation that Final Fanatasy X & X-2 will be coming to somewhere other than Japan. From what we knew and know now is that both games are based on the International Versions of the game. Which leaves us with the one thing I really want to know. Will Last Mission be dubbed? Tara Strong or Gwendoline Yeo haven't said anything via anything and nobody knows "Where in the World is Hedy Burress?" So it'll be a wait and see thing if they do dub that portion of the game but I'm hoping!


Speaking of SquareEnix, HD Remasters & most things that never showed up in the US outside of Re:Chain of Memories is that Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX is coming to the US as well. Same questions plague this as does FFX/X-2. Will the extras from the Final Mix games that need dubbing get dubbed? Wait and see about this too I guess.


What about more stuff that's confirmed for MURICA SHORES. Dragon's Crown will be coming this summer. Still as beautiful as ever and still coming to DAT TRUPLE and the Vita as well. HYPED!!


MO OF DEM CONFIRMZ OF DEM GAMEZ COMING TO MURICA SHORES! I GOT DAT! Suda 51's Killer is Dead has been confirmed as well. Comes out in August. Be prepared for mind blowing Suda 51 stuff.


We already know that EDF4/2025 is coming to MURICA SHORES however the game is confirmed to have a brand new class, the Fencer. The above trailer can do it better justice than I ever could but know that I'm SUPER HYPED!!! for this one!


To completely switch gears from MURICA SHORES to IMPORT OR DIE NIGGA TIME! A new trailer for Kamen Rider Battride Musou dropped and man this game is looking sicker by the moment. Gotta wait until the end of May and knowing how my backlog is stacked I must make some time for this and maybe a special #RunDatReXXX cometh? Will not confirm or deny it but look for it anyway.


And what better way to close out our gaming portion than with a new look at Deadpool: The Game. I want this. I need say nothing more.

With all of that in the bag I'm going to switch up my "What I'm Watching and Reading" portion of The Cool and drop in some cool YouTube vids I've seen in the past month. You'll get something out of this too. You always do.


If I'm starting anywhere it'll be this special 1 Hour Edition of Game Grumps featuring Grant Kirkhope. If you have no idea who he is why he matters so much you should shame yourself now. However he's responsible for a lot of great music from OLD RARE from GoldenEye007, Banjo-Kazooie & Donkey Kong 64 to name a few. Given Game Grumps usual tone and flow Grant was able to give a lot of history into OLD RARE and how things were done then. A great watch if I do say so myself. AND GIVE HIM MONEYS FOR BANJO-KAZOOIE SOUNDTRACK BECAUSE HE'S GRANT KIRKHOPE!!


You want the UBER CASE OF THE FEELS? Then watch Snowdrop a fan made My Little Pony animation. It's a very touching story and you should watch it. Fan or not. That good.


Since I'm still in the Pony portion then watch some Double Rainboom after feels time. It's about 30 minutes long and I figured I'd warn first. I say no more.


I always have time to tell you to go watch some Sonic For Hire. About midway through Season 6 and this show is still damn good. The above is the premiere for Season 6 but title gives away the premise for the season but not like it really matters though. Just watch it.


Finally got around to watching Video Game High School. Late as hell I know but better here than never here I say. All I'll say on this is watch it if you haven't. No more to be spoken.


How about we stay in the High School swing with School of Thrones. It is what is name tells you it is. Game of Thrones Drama + High School Drama. Really great watch and awaiting Season 2 of this as well. High School stuff back to back. COLLUSION!!


And to end this portion with some April Fools awesome how about Team Four Star Presents Abridgimon Episode 2. All I need to say is ShadyVox is a genius. Nobody was better suited to voice Tai in it. Just a great April Fools joke and kept me laughing the whole way through.

So now you have some time to waste on Youtube. You're welcome. That seems like a segue into "What I'm Watching" elsewhere that isn't YouTube.

The winter came with the premiere of Game of Thrones last Sunday and things pick up right where they left off with my MainMan™ Tyrion trying to get his just due. Jon Snow doing Jon Snow things. Mama Stark still in a bad way with Robb. Joffrey & Cersei are getting used to Margarey's way of doing things and of course Littlefinger being Littlefinger. Great start to the season and it'll be over in no time at all.

Dallas is just roaring and I'm just waiting for the next crazy thing to pop off on it. This is something if you're a fan of TV Dramas should be on your list whether or not you have any fondness for the old show.

Revolution is back to finish the 2nd half of the 1st season and a lot has been revealed but after watching the last episode and figuring out what led to the blackout is just on WTF level to me. If you haven't been watching it may be time to get on in and start watching if you haven't.

Arrow is still going strong and about to wrap up Season 1 and it does seem that a lot of the loose ends for the season may get wrapped up...I hope. We shall see on that.

The Vampire Diaries is getting better and better. I don't know if they can get a good and clean finish for the next season set up but they're damn sure are going to try. I for one hope they succeed.

I don't know how much I'd said about Kyoryuger in the last The Cool but I'm so loving this show right now. The team is just a great mesh and it looks we're about to get into some "Sentai Drama" in the next couple of episodes. Should be a great watch.

Wizard right now is all ready to set up Beast with his Hyper Form. And the only question I really ask myself as I have been in the last couple of years is that "How is this going to work in Climax Heroes?" The last set of episodes before this were damn good and we got some backstory out of it for one of the Phantoms so that works too.

I'm still ehhhh on MegaForce and "Alex Murphy Ranger" isn't helping either. The only thing I'm really noticing about my watching habits of Power Rangers is that ever since I really became engrossed into Sentai is that I'm spoiled on it. It also doesn't help that this adaptation is trying to squeeze something out of both Goseiger & Gokaiger which were great Sentai on their own into this hodgepodge anniversary season. I just wish Power Rangers had the time to tell a great story with both of those separately instead of what we're forced to watch. I'll keep watching because I'm a fan. I just want to start enjoying it is all.

In other stuff before we move on is that Burn Notice will be back June 6th and I'm very hype for that and True Blood which I hope keeps in its winning ways will come 10 days later on the 16th. And the new season of Arrested Development premieres on May 26th on Netflix. Can't wait. Been waiting way, way, way too long!

For what I'm reading on is that Naruto & Bleach are still stuck telling throwback stories for the sake of whatever plot was lost years ago. I can't really determine which is actually forwarding anything at all but I'll give the nod to Bleach because at least that flashback is character development for not only Ichigo but others as well. The Hashirama stuff on the other hand, I still have no clue what this does for Sasuke at all. I just want there to be some payoff for skipping rocks and what not.

I'm also deep into reading Freezing which I tweeted about a while back and my new manga vice, Highschool DxD. Read both of those if you're looking for something a bit different in your weekly manga rush.

And I think that about does it. A shame really I can only do great work sometimes but anything other than I can never pull off. I just have to be ready on Tuesday regardless of what news is out there to just write just because I need the practice in doing so. This has also fallen over into #DiaryofaGameWhore and the #StreetsofRageTrilogyProject. Not getting that Vampire Savior review out by now is all my doing but J hasn't been feeling good so no blame on him if his body can't hack it. But whatever creative mojo I have left I'll get something done. I have a #DoaBH review coming this weekend once I get the remaining information I need to bring you a well written review so please be watching out for that as well. Thank You as usual for trudging your way through and let us all hope and pray that The Cool will come out on time for a change. Have a great weekend everybody!!

-Triple Da G.O.D

No comments:

Post a Comment