Monday, October 6, 2014

#TheCool: Death to Saturdays. Surprise-Drive to Sundays!

#TheCool's here and we're ready to put an end to things. Let us do just that.

It is with sadness we say goodbye to the institution of Saturday Morning Cartoons. For a very long time the Saturday Morning Cartoon was a part of my ritual. Waking up at 5AM to catch the early stuff before the realness came on! I remember making breakfast from the bowls of cereal when I was younger to cooking whole meals for the family! I had dreams of being a chef way back when too just so you know. So many hours just watching my favorite shows. It was just a brick of time where I could just tune out and enjoy the adventures of my favorite characters. Now I do have to say that Saturday Morning Cartoons aren't dead in that way but they are in the way they originally existed for me and countless others. Cable channels have been and are picking up that slack and unfortunately for Young Justice remembering why the Saturday Morning Cartoon was and still is such a marketing tool straight to your consumer. So my boy will still have the institution but I wonder when he gets to the age where he can reflect will he have the same fondness for that time that I do now? For me, Saturday Morning was my time and for that time every week I went on adventures, I learned new things and I just plain had fun! Thank you for what you provided for me and know that it is and will always be appreciated!

With our goodbyes said is we have work to do for real and as usual #DoaGHThaDOJO's always putting in the work on the block! On deck right now...








Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes, Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code V1.07, Guilty Gear Xrd, Fighting Layer, Koihime Embu & Power Instinct 5!

You know the drill! I always got that work so staying tuned is always advised! Just saying!

Time for This Week In Everything! Show 'em what you're made of!


The following is a Public Service Announcement provided by Team GRF & People Like Us! BUY DARK DREAMS DON'T DIE! That's the whole message! Swery wants to continue doing it and I'm always down to support the works of those I enjoy and you can do so too by clicking THIS!! Also some free t-shirts & costumes if you're down with that type of thing too. BUY THE DAMN GAME!!! Thank You!


ChronoPhantasma 2.0 is out Thursday and #DoaGHThaDOJO will be on the case so be sure to stay tuned even though I've already told you to do that for all the CP 2.0 goodness sure to follow!





This week in Persona brings us character move list features from Margaret, Rise, Ken & Koromaru, Junpei, Tohru, Yukari & Sho and Persona Q features starring Zen, Junpei & a look at Team SEES!



Joining Cia on her DLC journey through Hyrule Warriors are Volga & Wizzro which is available now.


Quan Chi's in MKX. Will he beat somebody with their leg? Stay tuned to this space for more info as it becomes available.


Speaking of scary things, more Psycho Break.


More of this Ippo action. Getting more hype for this every time I see it.


Super Hero Generations is going to be fun times for everybody.


Kamen Rider SummonRide on the other hand won't be. I just hope we still get variety from this & Sentai because you guys know how much I enjoy playing those games.




With the release of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax looming ever closer is that the console is getting more love on the Assist side of things with The Accelerator from A Certain Magical Index, Dokuro-chan from Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan & Izaya Orihara from Durarara!!. Also there's a look at some combo possibilities from Miyuki & Taiga if you'd like to give those a once over.



Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus drops next Tuesday and to get ready for such a momentous gathering of Life & Hometown is there are some character features for each of the ladies of the game and available right now are Yumi, Murakumo, Yozakura, Shiki & Minori from the Gessen Girls Academy and Miyabi & Murasaki from the Hebijo Clandestine Girls Academy. The rest of the characters have features coming but enjoy this for now.

Also as another Public Service Announcement is Senran Kagura Burst is $20 on the Nintendo eShop down from its normal $30 price tag until next Tuesday when Shinovi Versus drops. So if you need to get quickly acquainted with the ladies of Senran Kagura this would be your start at a discount no less. You can click THIS for Nintendo to remind you how behind the time times they are to assist you in buying the game. This has been another Public Service Announcement brought to you by Team GRF & People Like Us! Thank You!

What Did I Get Into This Week?

Played a bit of NeoGeo Battle Coliseum. Why? Because that's on sale too with a host of other items on the XBOX Games Store to celebrate KoF's 20th Anniversary! Everything on sale is below and the links will take you to the website so you can buy it if you like.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves - $5

The King of Fighters: Sky Stage - $5


The King of Fighters 98: Ultimate Match - 5$

The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match - $5

Metal Slug 3 - $5


Metal Slug XX - $7.50

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum - $5

Samurai Shodown 2 - $5

The King of Fighters XIII - $15

Samurai Showdown Sen - $10

Note that Metal Slug 3 & KoF XIII are on Steam in much better packages and 98UM & 02UM are coming to Steam in updated forms as well by the end of the year. This is the 1st time NGBC has ever been on sale so if you have to get something I'd suggest either that, Garou or Metal Slug XX. I'd suggest Sky Stage as well because its arcade perfect but if that doesn't mean as much to you then getting NeoGeo Heroes: Ultimate Shooting from PSN would be the better option if you want the experience with a lot of extra stuff as well. Sale ends on October 15th! This as well has been a Public Service Announcement brought to you by Team GRF & People Like Us! Thank You!

I took in a bunch of the Tekken 7 location test and because it is in this early state I don't want to judge but I will say this much, Tekken was fine the way it was. If Harada & crew thinking that some Street Fighter juice and/or dumbing it down is going to bring the masses then they're dead wrong. Most FGC folks don't play a game for more than 5 seconds anyway but in the business sense however 5 seconds is all you need to complete a transaction. What I'm spouting off about now may not be the case when the game hits arcades whenever that happens but while I like what I see I don't want Tekken to lose itself trying to chase something fleeting that won't last too long at all. I'll be keeping a close eye on it and I myself can't wait to play it.

Kamen Rider Drive! I love it! I want more of it! This is going to be a great show as long as it identifies itself quickly and sticks to that from now until the end.

Decided to take the plunge into Gotham after having a change of heart. Gotham goes. That's all you need to know. Even I can make a bad call every now and again. Shouts to Jada Pinkett! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!

The Vampire Diaries is still middling unlike The Originals which went hamster out the gate. Maybe TVD hits a stride and gets a bit better and I'm willing to give it that chance.

The Flash premiered as well but it was mostly the pilot again and I didn't notice much difference between the two so nothing to actually say on that.

Want me to say something about Korra? I can't. I won't. Because I can't. Interesting direction for the show so now the game makes even more sense as an accompaniment to it now.

Turtles is doing work and its going to take some time to get used to Seth Green's Leo but I'll manage.

The usual suspects did work and with Arrow premiering on Wednesday is that's going to be some fun entertainment!

Time for the cherry on top of the sundae, baby! What I Watched On The Internet This Week, its your show now!


This is an interesting video. The Irate Gamer tells his side of the whole AVGN beef. Interesting listen regardless of what side you sit on.


Pharell's new video, It Girl. Respect the concept.


James Farr
back with another Nintendo parody called The Wiivengers. I can trust you to figure out the rest.


Peach is super hardcore. I really mean it.


Fluffle Puff. Continuing to serve as my monthly cute quotient to keep a balanced me!


We love TOME so here's more TOME! Or something like that.



Botchamania 258 & Big Bad Booty Daddy Mania 2011!

That shall be that!


Drive will be good times for all so I'm looking forward to enjoying the show this year! #DriveTheKamenRider

RIP to Dallas as well! Not the Ebola but the show. It got canceled. Thanks for the drama!

As usual, thanks for coming by! We always appreciate the love! You know the drill!

Same #TheCool time! Same #TheCool channel!

-Triple Da G.O.D!

No comments:

Post a Comment