Monday, September 23, 2013

The Cool: Surprise, Muthafucka!

#TheCool back up in it and as usual we're in #FULLEFFECTMODE on this Monday! With TGS behind us there's a lot we have to get into. And because what I thought would be my lead in wasn't what I thought it would be (I'll explain later) we're just gonna just hop straight into PT and we'll deal with that when it's time.


Yeah, I did the everybody else is doing it thing. But with a hot commodity like GTA5 it's expected and in some cases encouraged. I plan to get into the game a bit deeper. Whether that's continuing it on #RunDatReXXX or just playing to be playing it. We'll see how it goes.


Of course we're back to the world saving with Super Mario Bros. 2. Even though I didn't mention it in the video is that Weegie Baybee has put in all his work so we won't be seeing him in the finale. I think Mario & Sexy Dictator Toadstool can handle the rest of the weight. NEXT TIME, WE FINISH IT!

And as usual #DoaGHThaDOJO is putting in that work and there's a lot to see. A recap of the madness...





Under Night In-Birth: EXE:Late, Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!!, Sengoku Basara X & Project Justice!


Also more of Aquapazza so you can be sharp & ready for the MURICA release in November if I'm not mistaken.


And to celebrate Akatsuki's crossover into UNIB we added Akatsuki Blitzkampf Ausf.Achse to the family of games we cover. So be expecting a lot more of this game and En Eins Perfektewelt side by side from now on.

With PT out of the way let us get to This Week In Gaming!


Another week, another batch of costumes for the ladies of DoA. This time, all about Back To School. Might be time for me to further my secondary education at Team Ninja Academy!


Sengoku Basara 4 has been all over the place this week. For you though I put all the hotness in a playlist so you can enjoy it. And you may even learn some basics if you pay attention a bit.


Speaking of hotness, Shinji Mikami & The Evil Within are bringing back Survival Horror in a huge way. Earlier looks at this game sold me but seeing the possibilities of it getting even better are awesome to think about.


Regardless about how I feel about this game personally I will say it's a great thing for this game to finally have parity with the current arcade version and it would seem that net & code aren't damning words in the mouths of SNK. Congrats!


The Import Gods and Raptor Jesus are with us now. TGS brought the real first look at Yakuza Ishin. After 5 not getting that love, I highly doubt this will so prepare your wallets. You'll need to.


Crimson Dragon is finally coming out on something. #XBONE bound it is and we'll be playing it soon. WITH A CONTROLLER!


Soul Calibur: Lost Swords is coming and is a Single Play Free-2-Play Game. It adds back "Sophitia" but no Cassandra. Anger. Should be an interesting experiment with the franchise. I have a feeling it won't be long until some kind of multiplayer component is added.


Another look at X & X-2 HD and I have to ask this. I wonder why in all the promotion for the game that X-2 doesn't get equal time to shine? I know why but seeing as X-2 is my favorite in the series I'd appreciate a little more love for YRP. Just saying!


Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z for all the name redundancy is shaping up to be something to watch out for. Since this is as close as MURICA is getting to a dub of Battle of Gods at the moment you should revel in it.


This is actually an old trailer but new to me and you. Seems to be some uncensored cut of one of the trailers from E3. Interesting stuff within.


Gravity Rush 2 is real and Kat's back! You're as hyped as I am. If not, then get there!



As we spoke about earlier in PT is that Akatsuki is in UNIB now and these are 2 vids showing him off as a hidden boss. He'll be selectable normally in the next update if history has anything to say on the matter. Can't wait to report about this when a Skullgirls character is in UNIB! Hopefully!


The next classic from Suda51 is Lily Bergamo. Yeah I said it, classic! HYPE!


Girl Fight will be dropping on PSN on Tuesday & XBLA on Wednesday but for now Chaos & Chrome need time to introduce themselves.


Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost is coming to PS3 in early January. And by time it comes to console a new one will be dropping in arcades. And yeah, still holding that hope for Allenby! Why wouldn't I?


If you can't hold out for Full Boost then Super Robot Wars: Original Generation Infinite Battle should hold you until then. This might be the game that gets me hooked into wanting to play the series more like Climax Heroes did for me diving into Toku like I did.


Swery65 does it again. D4 looks nuts in all the right ways. Can't wait!


Yeah, some stuff about Sadira. ORCHID'S BACK BITCHES!!! You figure it out.

There was a whole lot of other stuff that didn't have trailers or they just weren't available to upload at this time. There's a Kokonoe focused BB trailer in the streets. Drag-On Dragoon 3 is looking better and better every time I see it. Sega is doing some crossover fighting game called Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax that may have s-CRY-ed characters in it.

I've been doing my thing gaming wise trying to pick my next slate of games for #RunDatReXXX and in that I did discover a great NES game in Rockin' Kats. It's some weird almost Bionic Commando combined with the basic platforming Damsel in Distress action. I definitely see myself sharing this game with everybody soon. I'd suggest to get ahead of the curve and giving it a try yourself. The one thing I'd suggest is learning all the stuff Willy can do ASAP for the best experience.

I also want to shout out The Lone Ranger & Gundam SEED Destiny for taking up some time this week. The 2nd in question is on some next level you know and I will be explaining all really soon.


I wanted to lead in this installment on what I thought about Dexter being over but I realized that this show didn't earn that right to be a lead in story. All I can say is that the ending could've been worse but it had a lot of room to be a lot better. Too many WTF WAS DEY THANKEN WIT DIS SHIT RIGHT HEA NIGGA questions were asked during the finale and that isn't a good thing. As a fan I think I deserved a better finish than what I got but maybe the story isn't as over as we think. Rumors of spinoffs in the air may give fans the closure they desire or make it worse. Hard at this point to differentiate the two. Regardless, thanks for 8 seasons of great TV when it delivered on that. At least we have Ray Donovan be a great example on how to do TV and Game of Thrones will be back so there's hope on the horizon.

I also forgot last week to talk about the return of The Legend of Korra and 3 episodes in I don't know where I stand with the show. The ending to Book 1 was just DeM's all over the place and the closure it delivered was sloppy at best. Book 2 is looking to dive more into who we already know and introduce new people to help explore said depth and that I like. I just want something more cohesive this time around and not have the awesome build up amount to nothing when its said and done. 3 episodes is no litmus into making this judgment and I won't. I'll let it play out and tell it like it is when it's over.

I guess with Wizard being officially over it would be time to give my 2¢ on that too. Wizard at the beginning had a lot promise and plenty to work with. At the end, I honestly feel it didn't take advantage of the possibilities as much as it could've. There was a lot of expected payoff from the show that I think it left on the table but for what it did provide it did a wonderful job getting its hooks in me. I'm guessing the movies will tie up the loose ends left by the show purposely as they always are. Gaim coming soon!

All the other usual suspects did what they usually do by keeping me entertained as they should. Only thing that's on deck for the moment is Beware the Batman & Power Rangers Megaforce and if you notice I don't speak on the latter too often. Maybe this changes with Super Megaforce.

With that time for What I Watched On YouTube This Week!


It seems that 2013 is the year for series finales. Sonic For Hire has started its last go around and with a track record of being awesome I don't see why it would stop now.


I threw money at the screen but nothing happened. A time still exists where I'd pay real life money for this! Shouts to the greatest voice in a video game, Tim Kitzrow!


Ask my opinion on the following and I'll tell you the same, just laugh at it!


You know I love a good combo video. Love you one too.


An interesting topic of conversation would be...YA GOT DAT GTA5 NIGGA?

With that we're done here!


I want to dedicate this installment of #TheCool to Sgt. James Doakes! For you have entertained me like few other TV characters have or will. THANK YOU DOAKES!!

I'm currently trying to decide if Monday will be the norm or will it just be a special thing when I need an extra day to take it all in. You'll know when I do.

Enjoy your week and we'll see you next time there's a week that needs my take on it all.

Until then!

-Triple Da G.O.D!































Thought I was done huh? SURPRISE, MUTHAFUCKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now get outta here! I'll see you next time! As always, thanks for spending some time with your folks! We appreciate the patronage!

No comments:

Post a Comment