Monday, August 25, 2014

#TheCool: Waste Not, Want More!

Another week down, another episode of #TheCool to encapsulate it all! It is always great to see you in my mind scape but I won't stall anymore so let us get to work.

Now before we do that I just want to take a note of something that I've noticed. The last installment of #TheCool didn't do all that fancy pimping of the content within and the numbers showed it. And then I remember why I did it. 2 of the major things I touched on last time were the passing of Robin Williams and my "I don't give a fuck about what's happening in Ferguson" stance. Now I could've easily made those focal points to garner non-essential attention but why do so? I understand that at the end of the day why this even exists. I need a place to express myself as freely as I can while not breaking laws of any kind and I feel that I do just that. It makes writing this a whole lot easier and the same stance of making videos when I want to. I don't have to be a show pony like others out there and because I have that freedom to do what I want, when I want is that I see those who've had to relegate themselves to show pony status. I never want my work to become that and I go to great strides to keep the focus and vision clear. I just want to record my life and tell my story to those open enough to hear it. I leave this work behind for my boy to know who his father is & was. I don't ever want my work to become something I do because its part of the grind of just doing it. I want to continue to enjoy what I do and never want to lose it. So thanks for continuing to support me while I tell these tales.

With that done is that as usual #DoaGHThaDOJO is always putting in that work on the internet corners and the grind is never ending! On deck for you right now...








Fighting Layer, Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes, Sengoku Basara X, Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, Koihime Embu, Guilty Gear Xrd & Persona 4 The Ultimax: Ultra Suplex Hold!

Plenty there and plenty more coming so you know what to do to fuel your desire for more!

Time to get it cracking! This Week In Everything, take the stage!


We live in a world where a legitimate Pokémon fighter exists! Pokkén Fighters has been known about for a while but yesterday it became real. Lucario and Machamp are the 2 featured characters we know about at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised to see Blaziken or Pikachu seeing as any Pokémon is viable according to Harada. I will be keeping a close eye on this and when this hits arcades know that #DoaGHThaDOJO will have all the footage.


Azure Striker Gunvolt just dropped in Japan will be out Friday in MURICA! Just know for 90 days after release is if you buy the game you get Mighty Gunvolt an 8-bit adventure for free with your purchase so be sure to cop it before then or you can wait and get it separately later on.


I'm hype that one of my favorite indie games is getting a sequel in Protect Me Knight 2. I'll be honest in the fact that the only reason I bought the first one was because this is an Ancient joint which is headed up by one of the Based Gods of VGM in Yuzo Koshiro. In that I found a fun & awesome game and by CLICKING THIS for the low price of $3 can get in on some of this as well. I have no clue when 2 is coming but I'm glad it isn't to XBLIG. A great platform for what it provided but all the bullshit restrictions really kept me from buying more from it. If you see a game on XBLIG that interests you then check out the developer's website and see what other avenues you have for purchasing the game other than XBLIG seeing as you have to be online for the game to even boot. Always online didn't begin with the #XBONE! The more you know!


Speaking of indie games is that Lethal League just dropped on Steam for $13.99. Been interested in this one since I've seen it make the Giant Bomb rounds. Looks like awesome stuff. I'll have to get the rest of the crew on it. You can get yours RIGHT HERE!!








This week in Persona is huge because of Ultimax dropping in Japan so have a bunch of character features for both the Japanese & MURICAN releases featuring Shadow Labrys, Sho, Margaret, Chie, Ken and Koromaru & Labrys!





If you need a refresher course on the basics of Ultimax then these tutorials should do the trick.


Just know for the 1st week in MURICA is that Tohru & Marie will both be free to download. So make sure to download them both when they hit both XGS & PSN..


And here's the opening movie for the console version of Ultimax!


Blade Arcus from Shining is expanding the roster a bit to include Fenrir and Roselinde from Shining Blade & Melty and Isaac from Shining Hearts. This game will actually, maybe come out at some point. #DoaGHThaDOJO will be on it if that event should ever transpire.


This week in Gundam is bringing more Maxi Boost units to Full Boost via DLC with Chan Agi in the RGZ-91 Re-GZ Cagalli Yula Athha in the MBF-02+EW454F Strike Rouge Ootori & Riddhe Marcenas in the RX-0(N) Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee Norn.


A behind the scenes look at Sunset Overdrive just for you!


OneeChambara Z2 Chaos will be out on October 30th in Japan and this trailer is all about the first-print costumes for all 4 ladies. If you're even thinking about this game at all then get those pre-orders in now. The past has shown that getting a hand on a first-print copy with DLC like this becomes harder to come by after release so be sure to keep that in mind.

What have I been up to this week?

I copped Super Time Force Ultra and haven't played it yet because I've been too busy to do so.

I played Rockman: Power Battle Fighters on PS2 for future research purposes.

I've been peeking into the Every Simpsons Ever marathon and remembering old episodes I used to watch back in the day on Channel 30. Memories and such.

I watched the Kamen Rider Wars movie and it did its job for being the annual SHT movie and some crazy Faiz closure for whatever reason.

I watched the newest installment of History of Power Rangers all about Operation Overdrive. All it did was remind me how forgettable that season was outside of Once a Ranger. You can watch Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 & Part 4 and hear Linkara's take on it all.

I got back into Freezing and now I know how to stay there. Put on podcast, go read Freezing, ?????, PROFIT! Can't lose with steps like that! With Naruto & Bleach ending soon is that I'll have to turn my attention to it and Akame ga Kill to fill in those gaps. I could finally get into One Piece which may be what actually happens but we'll see.

Final thoughts on True Blood. It ended. That is what happened. It ended. With not a bang or a whimper. It just ended.

Book 3 of Korra is done and that actually entertained me. Book 4 is going to be nuts and so is the game as you'll see in a bit.

The other usual suspects did work with Gaim in the final sprint to the end and I have no idea how you get this cleanly done in 5 episodes and make it meaningful but this show can do it and I'll afford it every chance to do just that. Dallas also went ham doing what they do as well. Ray Donovan is still off the meat rack as it were. Naruto & Bleach are on hiatus and ToQger was there too.

Let's bring it home! What I Watched On The Internet This Week you're ready to launch!


There was DBZ Abridged 43,


The Season 1 finale of Pokémon 'Bridged


& the premiere of TOME Season 2!


I can appreciate a good On Crack vid. This one is all Teen Titans & Young Justice.


IGN with the humongous blowout of Korra stuff. A look the game's Pro Bending mode, a talk with the creators about Book 3 and 4 & Shipping 101 starring David Faustino & Janet Varney. A must watch for any fan of the show.



I ran into this awesome animation called Kung-Fu Cooking Girls by Wolf Smoke who also did Batman of Shanghai. This is just too cool so watch it and Batman of Shanghai as a bonus from me to you!



And all the botches you can handle with Botchamania 256 & DelRioMania dedicated to the pimp slap master, Alberto Del Rio!

That shall be that!


Happy Anniversary KoF! 20 Years in the game and hopefully many more to come! Pop some bottles with the Princesses of Punch and get your celebration on! How will I mark this occasion? Just wait and see!

Thanks for kicking it with us for another installment of #TheCool! We'll be back to do this again sometime! Please come back and join us when that time arrives!

Same #TheCool time! Same #TheCool channel!

-Triple Da G.O.D!

No comments:

Post a Comment