Monday, October 26, 2015

#DoaGHThaDOJO: Reckoning in the 1st Degree!

#DoaGHThaDOJO as of Sunday evening was "Suspended due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, gaming, misleading content, or other Terms of Service violations" on a Persona 4 The Ultimax: Ultra Suplex Hold video. YouTube thinks I'm trying to game the system somehow by my choice of not changing the title from its original source on Nico or my use of tags which include both the American and Japanese title of the game and its relation to Shin Megami Tensei which are tags that YouTube suggested I use in the first place. This wasn't an accident and somebody did this maliciously for whatever their reason was. The ironic thing about it is #DoaGHThaDOJO exists because the main channel was in limbo and I wanted to cover Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena when it came out in Japan in arcades. So how ironic how all that comes back around in this way.

I remember before my son was born how I wanted to take a humongous step back from all of this and put all my focus on him which I did for awhile but then I one day looked at him while he was sleeping and asked myself what kind of father do I want to be? What kind of example do I want to set for him? I can't tell him to follow his dreams and aspirations when I'm choosing not to do the same no matter the reason. There was also a part in that where I had to talk myself off a ledge about some work issues but I'll talk to him about that when he gets a bit older. Regardless of that is I got back to work when this video dropped as well as getting back to uploading match videos for not only that reason but also because there were games not getting the attention that they deserved and I wanted to even the playing field on that front by getting back to work and doing it like only I can. From this same realization the world soon learned a couple of lessons about Super Dragon Ball Z & Street Fighter EX! Those two articles are important to me because of the muse that inspired them and everything and everyone who took inspiration from them.

From that moment, time marched ever forward. The main page flourished and the backup page didn't and I have my regrets about what I could've done better on that front. Having this happen under these circumstances hurts something fierce. The streets know that #DoaGHThaDOJO was for the community and on top of that I enjoyed what I did and knowing that people were appreciative and more importantly learning from what they were seeing made the work I did worth the effort. I've given the history lesson before of where the game was when I picked up the ball back in '07-08 from the OG's in the community and reinvented how work's done. Not looking for a parade or anything but facts are facts. I was in the thick of it when it wasn't a popular thing to do and I did it because I wanted to give back to something that gave me so much and up until Sunday evening that was my reasoning.

I also understand that I'm not the only game in town but looking at who moves work at a major clip is I'm still standing after all these years. Whether they'll ever admit it or not is the 2nd Edition of the book that you get your style from is a book I penned from all the hard work, sacrifice and research that I paid a heavy price to construct so you to have a style to bite off of. All of that work was for a community I once believed in and considered myself a part of. That's far and away the case now. I did my best to carve out my own niche because that's what was best and I take the both the good and the bad from that choice I made. I understand that at some point my contemporaries passed me by because they evolved when I wanted to stick to my old ways instead of evolving with the changing times. Just because I look past you doesn't mean I don't notice you. I'd be a fool to see it any other way. It isn't only on this front where this has happened. All of my other works are relics compared to my other contemporaries as well and I'm confident in my own skin to admit as much. Admitting it is the first step to fixing the problem. Whether I ultimately do or don't is another conversation entirely.

I have no idea if this is the universe's way of telling me that it might be time to get out of the game or if this is a minor setback and I need to refocus my efforts into #DiaryofaGameWhore. #RunDatReXXX & #TripleDaGODExplainsItAll? #DoaGHThaDOJO was and is a passion project brought on because I enjoy sharing, educating and enlightening people. I want to keep doing it but maybe this situation is telling me that this isn't the way to do and if I do go back to it that I need to think long and hard how I want to continue to if I choose to. Thanks to this happening is I have a bit of time to consider my options and when the time comes I'll make the decision I feel is the best for me.

-Triple Da G.O.D!

No comments:

Post a Comment