Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Cool From However Long It's Been Since I've Done This

Cool Shit From The Week That Was is back in 2013 and better than ever! Why I stopped doing it in the first place was just bad decision making on my part but I just need to keep vigilant on this make sure it drops every week like it should. Cool Shit will go back to being a Monday/Tuesday drop depending on news that would happen in that time frame. So with that being said let us get to reporting the news.

Our top story for the return is...LAUREN FAUST HAS TEAMED UP WITH MANE6 TO RETOOL FIGHTING IS MAGIC INTO SOMETHING THAT CAN BE RELEASED!!!!!! SO NO BULLSHIT C&D's FROM HASBRO!!!!! HURRAY!!!!!

Yeah, you read the screaming text. One of animation's best is teaming up with an indie fighting game developer to retool Fighting is Magic's assets so that the game can be released. This is so great and I'm so happy for them. I'll admit when Lauren propositioned them on Twitter I geeked out! I've been a huge fan of her work for years pre-MLP (Hipster Lauren Faust Fan Here) and to have as someone like her say that I enjoy your project so much I'll help you make sure you can share it with the whole world is something you don't see a lot of at all. With this you can go nowhere but up and with the other proposition that Mike Z laid out that they could get their hands on the Skullgirls engine is just as great if they decide to take it which they should as long as it doesn't hamper productivity. It'll be interesting to see where this project goes from here and I'll be watching to see where this goes next! Congratulations!!



Equally as awesome news is that an IndieGoGo campaign has started for Skullgirls so they can get back to making a game that I enjoy playing and continue advocating that you do the same. It would seem that others feel the same and that the campaign's initial goal for getting Miss Squigly fully in the game was funded in the 1st 24 Hours of it and I'm so proud that the community for the game has shown up strong and in numbers to support something as awesome as this. Next up is Big Band to get in and once he's in you can have a gender diversified roster and stop harping on that it isn't such. If you want to know more then please watch the trailer above and VISIT THE INDIEGOGO PAGE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT WHY THIS IS NEEDED AND TO HELP KEEP SKULLGIRLS GROWING!!!

In other news Sony announced something called a PlayStation 4. It's a high end PC that will play Watch_Dogs and has no backward compatibility at this time. Also we don't even know what it looks like yet. Something to look forward to when E3 rolls around. And the most important thing...HOLIDAY 2013! Nice, Slick Black Friday just got a whole lot more interesting!

So with those items out of the way let us get to meat of these things...TRAILERS!!! And lots of them. And I know just where to start...

Every video from the 1st round of the Injustice Battle Arena for Injustice: Gods Among Us. The Battle Arena works as the follows. Every week 2 match-ups are presented and you go HERE to vote for who you think should win. And the 1st round has had some nice matchups and some new character reveals as well such as Bane, Aquaman, Lex Luthor, Shazam! and in just the final set 1st round matchups with Sinestro & Hawkgirl! Injustice is shaping up to be awesome and with last DC Comics fighter being Justice League Task Force we're well overdue for some fisticuffs! So enjoy the matchups.



Batman vs. Bane



Wonder Woman vs. Harley Quinn



The Joker vs. Lex Luthor



The Flash vs. Shazam!



Aquaman vs. Cyborg



Green Lantern vs. Solomon Grundy



Superman vs. Sinestro



Green Arrow vs. Hawkgirl

As you can see Injustice is shaping up to be a fighter to be reckoned with. NetherRealm has another hit on their hands with this one and with the lessons learned from MK9 that this game will nothing short of glorious!



And with our foot deep in the world of comics I see no reason to dip the other into some manga action. The newest trailer for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle dropped and its looking better and better every time I see it. I'm not going to say much of anything here. The trailer does that all on its own. Better news however is a date for this All-Star Battle...August 29th. No release date for the US or Europe announced or even if it will come out in either territory. So you might need to prepare those import bucks if you want a part in this fight!



From cool to cool we have the latest look at Watch_Dogs that was first shown at the PlayStation Meeting. The video is from the PC version so how this looks on PS4 is a mystery that will need to be solved at a later date.



Speaking of dates, Remember Me has one...June 4th! And while you wait a new trailer will keep you occupied. Learn a bit more about Nilin and some of the why's about the real of the situation. So excited for this one.



You want exciting...how about Oboro Muramasa AKA Muramasa: The Demon Blade coming soon to PS Vita. I need not say much because the game can do that all on its lonesome. Better news, you don't have to import it because the game is coming stateside but when this game comes out period is an known unknown.



Guess what aint dead? DRAGON'S CROWN!!! After hearing nothing for a nice minute a trailer finally surfaced and still looking good as ever. Still coming to DAT TRIPLE & DAT LIVE but when is also an known unknown.

With the way this works I may never get another shot to break things down like this so I want to take the time to highlight some games I'm really excited for which would've gotten coverage if I was writing this damn article with any consistency.



The best to start I'd wager would be Suda 51's new joint...Killer Is Dead! Anything Goichi Suda has his hand in I've already bought however Killer is Dead seems to be something to be seen and this game should be out before the summer so I'll be waiting until it comes.



A Nintendo Direct from a month ago brought us a new look at The Wonderful 101 from Kamiya-san and Platinum! I don't have a WiiU but when this drops I will! The game just resonates with me and I just want to get my hands on it ASAP!



Next up...Kamen Rider Battride War. Kamen Rider fans have been wanting this for years and now you've got it. A bit of Kamen Rider in the Musou juice and did I mention Motorcycles. Yeah, motorcycles. The last time this menagarie of ideas happened we got Super Sentai Battle Ranger Cross which was mash up of Musou elements and Dice-O to boot. We'll be seeing this sometime in May so I have my money ready!



Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. This is happening. For real real. Not play play. Peramdeath just got a whole lot more real. Not the hugest fan of either franchise but it goes to show me that the crossover hasn't quite lost the swag yet. Should be interesting.



Earth Defense Force 4 is coming out here as EDF 2025. I guess 8 years ago we didn't get the job done but better late than never to clean up Earth's bug problem with more guns than a lil bit I suppose.

I'm excited for all these awesome prospects coming soon on something you game on. However, what about what's already out there for you to get your game on with?



I like DmC: Devil May Cry to start with. Game is nothing but awesome. Sometimes change can be refreshing and DmC is just that. A great twist on the familiar and a must play in my view. The above is the first video from my playthrough and I'm having quite a nice time working through it. So cop it for yourself and tune in to #RunDatReXXX for that and so much more!



More of that helping hands around game development. Kojima Productions X Platinium Games...METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE! No more needs to be said. Game is just all too sick and you'll be back for more than one go around so the game helps you there. REVENGE DAT SHIT, RAIDEN!!!



How about Ninja Gaiden Σ2+. Everything that Σ2 allegedly did wrong and right with some upgrades now on the go for Vita. Have no clue is SixAxis Titty Shake is available here. Let us hope so. And in the US version, it bleeds the blood! Not NG2 gore but it isn't purple smoke. Be thankful.



Need the feel of an old adventure game with some additions for the modern day? Ron Gilbert's The Cave should be on your radar. 7 wish to take the journey. Who do you choose?



Lamenting that the Wallace DLC for Scott Pligrim will never drop? Well do I have something for you...Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds. It'll scratch that itch for what you desire. Trust me. I needn't say another thing.



Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus. No reason not for you to own this one. Vita is region free. It represents Life & Hometown or Tits & Ass. Either or, buy it!

And now that you know what's out there I'll take this time to highlight what's going on with fighting games at the moment.



The big news for me personally this week is Shin Koihime Musou is getting a PC release. I'm surprised it took this long to drop but better late than never so I'll be all over this and anything you need to I'll have it for you.



Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! is coming soon to NESiCA X Live and of course #DoaGHThaDOJO will have all the latest match vids for the game upon release. And just so you know that this is a different beast with some new additions and balance changes for all the Maidens & Arcanas so be ready for a fight.



While I was not writing this weekly blog post the most awesome thing happened...CHAOS CODE DROPPED ON PSN!!!...in Hong Kong. And now all the extra stuff added to it is coming to NESiCA X Live in an upgrade called NEw SIgn of CAtastrophe! No word on when it will be coming to the service but I'll be the first to let you know.



Remember Phantom Breaker. Came out in Japan. In current publisher hell in the US. In the midst of that an updated version subtitled Another Code is coming to arcades soon. I'm not really sure what's going on under the hood when it comes to the game and any balance that I would suspect that's happening. When that information surfaces I will let you know.



Dead or Alive 5 V1.03A. PS3 users have had this update for a couple of weeks but due to some issues that 360 users were left out in the cold with this one until a couple of days ago. The major points to the 1.03 update were some balance changes and a new stage with memories of nude patches with the Zack Island stage being added. Because of the delay on the 360 version the Fighters DLC pack is 80 MS Points until the end of May so plenty of time to jump on that. And if you want to know in detail the about V1.03 then CLICK HERE!



While we speak on DoA let me remind you that 5+ is scheduled for the Vita for March 19th. So if you have the PS3 and are purchasing the Vita version there will be some exclusive stuff you can do with both version with DLC and such. Seems cool.



While not doing my duty to keep up with PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale something magical happened...KAT FINALLY DROPPED AS DLC!! HAPPY DAYS! Emmett there's as well but I could care less. Kat is as awesome here as she was in Gravity Rush. GO PLAY DAT SHIT!!! Copping her and Emmett is free for now but not for very long so please pick it up at your earliest convenience. And something about next up being Zeus from God of War & Issac Clarke from Dead Space or something like that. Should be interesting.

With all those trailers out the way of course it's time for what's on TV that I actually care about watching. Since the last blog shows have come and gone but since this is a catch up joint I'll just tell you about it and I'll get back to the normal flow next week.

On the Toku side of things Go-Busters came to an end and a spectacular end at that. I did feel it was a bit anti-climatic in spots but I enjoyed the show overall and I'll be watching it for fun again in the future. And as Go-Busters said goodbye Kyoryuger came to fill the hole left and so far is doing just that. I will learn the Henshin for the show before the show ends. And that should tell you everything you need to know about the series. A real lighthearted but serious in spots Sentai. Will be a pleasure to watch it develop over the year. Wizard is still doing work and has introduced the 2nd rider Kosuke Nitou AKA Kamen Rider Beast. His whole thing is a fascination for Mayonnaise and that he needs to feed on the Phantoms he destroys lest the same happens to him. Loving every minute of it and will continue to do so. Power Rangers Samurai ended just like Shikenger did except for a couple of small concessions for the story and the anniversary show Megaforce is now here and after a couple of rough episodes I'm down with the premise. A shame we won't get any type of Gokaiger adaptation but I honestly don't think they could've predated it if they tried. Gokaiger is a love letter to Sentai fans and it just wouldn't translate to Power Rangers at all in my honest opinion. Megaforce will just have to hold it down until the adaptation of Go-Busters come which should give them a whole lot to work with.

When it comes to the cartoon/anime side of the ball I'm in a weird spot. Young Justice & Green Lantern seem to be going bye bye and I've accepted this fact. All I ask for is some closure. Give me that and I'll be a bit more receptive of Beware the Batman & Teen Titans Go even though the latter will do nothing with the awesome of the old series which has plenty of more story to tell. Season 3 of Transformers Prime soon comes and now Megatron creates Pokemon or something like that. Beast Hunters from what I hear may be the last season of Prime before they do something else with the franchise so it should be interesting to see how they wrap it all up. Watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. All I can say. Very faithful to the story of manga so far so should be something on your list to watch if you haven't. And Season 2 of Legend of Korra comes even though they've painted themselves in a real corner story-wise with Korra being a full fledged avatar and such. I want to really see how they handle this if they do at all. And Twilight Sparkle became a princess and it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be but the spinoff is going to kill the franchise oh God a run on sentence about MLP! It will be like a car accident and I will watch every second in slow motion. In other words, I'll give it a chance.

And my dramas I love so much is that Common Law got axed. A shame. Burn Notice ended very weirdly with no explanation about the why but we'll get answers this summer. Watch Arrow. Damn good show to tune in to watch every week. House of Lies should be on that same list for the just because of the just because. The Vampire Diaries has made that turn back into a show to watch because of all the crazy going on that way. Banshee is just true crack. Point blank period! Get caught up on that if you haven't. Dallas is going in and it'll be sad to watch one of TV's best anything in J.R. Ewing goes out however that happens. R.I.P. Larry Hagman! And at the end of the month GAME OF THRONES is back!! So hype for that as well.



Before I sign off I just remember that the internet's greatest question was answered...with math computations. The result made sense but I wanted to suspend more disbelief on that one however. So now the question need not be asked again! It'll be asked again and forever debated so let it continue to rage!



With all that being said thanks for reading and it feels good to be back in the flow of getting my blog on and what not. Don't forget to tune into the #StreetsofRageTrilogyProject because J & I are straight clowning while educating the masses so just sit back and just enjoy us doing what we do best. #YOUTUBETERRORISM in full effect.



And on a more serious wave I'm on the solo grind with the #DoaGH Presents the #OpusofDarkstalkers because knowing your history is important and I'm the only one who'll bring it to you proper and make sure the story gets told the way it needs to be. So make sure to tune in, get right and get ready for Darkstalkers Resurrection next week because the series needs us the fans to stand up for it and this is me just doing my part in that fight.

Thanks again and I'll see you next week for a more proper #CoolShitFromTheWeekThatWas!

-Triple Da G.O.D.







No comments:

Post a Comment